If you’re looking to optimise your Windows 10 or 11 PC or laptop’s performance and remove unnecessary wireless apps, this step-by-step guide will walk you through a simple process. By following just three straightforward steps, you can experience a significant improvement in your computer’s speed and efficiency. Say goodbye to unwanted junk and enhance your device’s functionality with these easy-to-follow instructions.
Boost Performance on Windows 10 or 11 PC or laptop
Step 1: Cleanup Unwanted Files
- Access the Disc Cleanup Tool: Begin by clicking on the search box and typing “play MGR.” Look for the “Cleanup” suggestion and select it.
- Check All Boxes: Once the Disk Cleanup tool opens, check all the boxes to select various types of files for deletion.
- Remove Temporary Files: Click on “Temporary Files” and observe the amount of storage that can be freed. Clicking this option can potentially clear a significant amount of space, leading to improved performance.
- Cleanup System Files: Choose the “Cleanup system files” option, and click “OK.” This step will further analyse and clean your system files, aiding in the removal of unnecessary data.
Step 2: Delete Unwanted Files
- Access Run Box: Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “%temp%”: Type “%temp%” in the Run box and hit Enter. This will open the Temp folder, containing various temporary files.
- Select and Delete: Press Ctrl + A to select all files, then press the Delete key to remove them. This action helps eliminate redundant and obsolete files.
- Repeat the Process: Re-access the Run box by pressing the Windows and R keys, then type “per cent, 10%.” Again, use Ctrl + A to select all files and press Delete. This process helps clear additional temporary files.
- Delete Prefetch Files: Once more, open the Run box, type “Prefetch,” and hit Enter. Select all files using Ctrl + A and press Delete. This step contributes to freeing up space and enhancing performance.
Step 3: Malware and Virus Removal
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: Search for “mrt editor” in the search box and select it. This tool is a free offering from Microsoft for malware removal.
- Initiate a Scan: Click “Next” and choose between a Quick Scan and a Full Scan. While a Quick Scan is suitable for a quick assessment, a Full Scan ensures comprehensive malware detection.
- Download and Use Anti-Malware Software: Visit a reputable malware removal software website (link provided in the description) and download their free tool. Install the software, run a scan, and remove any detected malware.
By following these three simple steps, you can efficiently remove wireless apps and unwanted files from your Windows 10 or 11 PC/laptop. This process not only frees up storage space but also enhances your device’s performance.
Additionally, utilising tools like the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and trusted anti-malware software ensures a clean and secure computing experience. Give your PC or laptop a much-needed performance boost by applying these techniques, and you’ll experience smoother operations and improved functionality. Remember to restart your device after implementing these steps to fully enjoy the benefits of your efforts.